Friday, May 2, 2008

River of Tile

There's actually a tile place in Edmond called River of Tile, so I now pay it homage with this post. No we did not get our tile there :-)

Good stuff this week. The wood floors got competely installed already.
The power company ran wire from the transformer to our power meter. And the tile showed up and installation of that has begun.

First the floors:
The office is done


Even the closets have lovely floors

This is Kate. She's a smooth coat collie and she likes the smell of red oak. She's our sister's (and brother-in-law of course) dog and followed me up to the house.

Maybe this will be the corner I sleep in when I come over!

Nice floors!


The power company dug yet another trench and buried conduit for holding our power wires, then came back the next day and fed wire from the transformer to the house. It sits there now awaiting the electricians to plug it all together!



The tile crew showed up with pallets of the good stuff and stacked it in the garage awaiting deployment.

The master bath will have a pre-formed quarter-circle seat covered with tile

We are also putting two in-wall shower cubbies in the master bath (pre-formed plastic boxes to be tiled in). The tile guys like to use their own wallboard instead of the plastic-coated drywall that was already installed so they ripped out the just-installed coated drywall and re-installed theirs. Rather than just drywall coated with plastic the stuff they use looks like some composite waterproof stuff. No doubt they know what they're doing and it will probably last longer and have less chance of leaking!

The tile in the guest shower by the office is already mostly laid down on the walls! This is a slate look that we thought was cool, lots of neat colors playing in there. The floor will have the same colors.


We should have a lot more tile pics over the next couple of weeks!

And now for something completely different...
As I was cleaning up drywall trash onsite, I turned over a piece of drywall and found a Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix ...that's a copperhead snake in English. It was a young one, about 20 inches long.
I had a shovel with me to move dirt from all of the trenching that had been done around the house so I tried to use it to lift the snake and the plan was to throw him away from me and try to scare him away. Instead, he started coming towards me so I had to take care of him.

copperhead + shovel = copperheadless. He brought fangs to a shovelfight. He got "pwned" as the kids these days like to say.

After that of course I was extremely careful lifting pieces of drywall and made as much noise as possible before turning over each piece!

And now for you morbid types, here are the pics =8-0





*** WARNING- dead snake pics ahead(less) ***










He squirmed around for a while trying to bite even after being separated aginst his will

The first thing Vivi said when she saw it: "Cool, can I pick up the head Mama?"

"NO!"
After a while when he stopped moving I cleaned off the area and put him closer together to get a better idea of the size. Too big for comfort for me.

No comments: