Monday, March 9, 2009

Part 2 - The Laundry Room


It's so much more than just a laundry room. It's the household command center, my office, craft (and occasionally crap) mecca, and a good hideout from Ian and Viv when I need a little alone time! The pictures are pretty self-explanatory, so I won't need to add much. This first pic showcases my beeee-youuuu-tiifulll LG washer and dryer. I can't believe that it has taken so long to come up with appliances in fun colors. Just add a little Cheer detergent and Bounce fabric softner and who wouldn't have fun doing the laundry???

To the left of the washer and dryer is the deep laundry sink. So far it's been used for soaking red dirt-stained socks, tie-dying tee shirts, and giving Lucie a much-needed bath!





And... on the same wall as the sink is the "welcome center" also known as where Viv and I dump all of our stuff as soon as we walk in the door. This is what it looks like when everything is picked up... It doesn't look this neat very often! The baskets up above hold mittens and hats and extra bags. The area below the bench is where I usually keep my laptop and steno machine cases, and it's also one of Lucie's favorite spots for taking a nap.

Don't you love the little green bookworm statues? Pop and Momma G got those for me for my birthday. They are very cute and a little corny... and awesome!



And last but not least, the desk. It's so much neater in this picture than in real life. This is where I'm sitting when I'm responding to your messages on Facebook at 6 in the morning. This is where it all gets done...


I'll be back on the blog tomorrow with more pictures of... something!

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Wow! A real, live, lived-in house. Y'all must be stoked.

Come to Austin for our party on June 1st! It's a Monday, but we promise to make it worth your while.