Monday, October 1, 2007

Let me step back a little bit...



My friend Karen (Hi Karen!) pointed out to me last night that while the pictures were cool, to her they were just a bunch of dirt and rocks. So I wanted to step back a little bit to a few pictures taken in January of this year. The first picture is where the road is now, and the second picture (Ian and Pop gazing into the distance and probably philosophizing about something...) is on the spot where our house will be.
Everything was (and still is) pretty rugged. It's funny, but when Ian and I were trying to figure out where we wanted to build on the farm, we came across this spot and Ian just *knew* it was going to be home. It took a little longer for me to visualize things, but when I got it... I got it. I try to think back to when I was a kid, and I probably crossed this spot a million times in a jeep or truck or on a horse (okay, the horse thing probably only happened a few times!) and never would have thought I'd build a house there.

No comments: